How To Wear A Kimono




Kimono- Swell
White Dress Swim Suit Cover Up- TJ Maxx (similar, similar)
White Shorts- Tommy Hilfiger

Do you ever want to just try a trend because it looks good on other people? Wow, I had no idea how difficult it would be to try and find things to wear with a kimono. Don't get me wrong, I think this kimono from Swell is the cutest thing, but it was sure hard to find something in my closet to go with it. So I have made a HOW TO WEAR A KIMONO list. Obviously I am not an expert and I only own one kimono. So if you are a frequent kimono wearer speak up and tell us other ways to wear a kimono in the comments below. :)

HOW TO WEAR A KIMONO:
1. The Kimono is a great alternative to a cardigan, 
vest, or blazer for warmer weather.
Try your kimono on with an outfit you would normally wear with a cardigan, vest, or blazer. See if it works. Sometimes you never know until you try!
2. Kimonos are a statement piece. 
Wearing it with neutral pieces will make it stand out more. That also means minimal jewlery.
3. Play off the theme of the kimono.
For example, if the kimono is bohemian themed like mine kinda was (flowers, wildlife, or lace) go more flowy/boho romantic with your outfit and even add a floppy hat and some sandals! If the kimono is more classic looking go for a chic straight lines black look to make it stand out.
4. Just throw it on!
It's not meant to be a piece of clothing that you looked like you spent a long time getting ready to wear. After all kimonos are kinda like robes. Unfortunately it took me forever to find anything to wear it with, but once I did I realized it was kinda like DUH! It really should not have taken me forever to find an outfit that worked. It's the kimono that does the talking. So back to #2 where it says Kimonos are a statement piece. Oh and of course the obvious...you can wear it as a robe for getting ready and as a swim suit cover up!